My boyfriend Te finally came down to see me for my birthday! We decided to be domestic and cook the whole day today! For lunch we made these awesome Hawaiian-inspired burgers, to which we decided to call Aloha Burgers.
Here’s what you need!
- Bubba burger w/ sweet onion patties – unless you want to make your own burger patties
- Pork belly slices
- Macaroni salad – mayo, left-over rotisserie chicken, dried cranberries, pineapple chunks, celery, salt & pepper
- Teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, tapa marinade (tapa marinade is not necessary)
- Pineapple slices with juice
- Kaiser rolls w/ sesame seeds
- Salt&Pepper, butter
How to do it:
- Marinade pork belly slices with pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and tapa marinade, salt & pepper (let it sit for half an hour or longer)
- Grill your burger patties along with the pork belly slices – about 20 minutes.
- Add the cheese on top of the patties.
- Once cooked, place your patties & pork belly slices to the side.
- Grill the pineapple slices.
- Butter up the bread and toast!
- Assemble your burger with the toasted bread – macaroni salad, patties with cheese, pineapple then pork belly!
- EAT 🙂
I loved how the burger really ended up being so crunchy outside with the toasted buns. The pineapple and the macaroni salad is definitely needed to cut through all the meat. It was really great.
Check out how me and Te made it right here on Youtube!
Thanks for reading! 🙂