After having a good gym session with James, I went to his house to cook for him and Belle. I decided to redeem myself and my failed carbonara attempt and satisfy my sweet tooth cravings.
So here’s the first recipe (I’ll post the Banana fosters recipe in the next post):
Creamy Shrimp Carbonara
- 1/4 lb of prosciutto, roughly chopped
- 1 lb of shrimp
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- half a clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 pouch (about 3 cups) of mixed Italian cheese, save a little bit for topping.
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Pasta of your choice, I chose linguini
How to make:
- Boil water and cook pasta until al dente. Set aside.
- On a large pan, place 1/4 of a cup of olive oil and sauté garlic, prosciutto and shrimp on medium heat until shrimp is fully cooked. Add parsley and toss it around. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and Italian cheese. Mix it with the spatula. Add the cooked linguini pasta and spinach.
- Gently rotate/fold the pasta, until fully incorporated into the sauce.
- And voila!
Plate the pasta, add a little cheese at the top and serve! It was so creamy and yummy! Feel free to lick the plate!