In honor of National Chocolate Cake day, I made myself a very chocolatey dessert!
Here’s my recipe for S’mores Lava Cake!
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioner sugar
- 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk = 3 eggs total
- 1/2 stick or 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter (you can omit this if you want)
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter for the graham crust
- 1 bar of Hershey’s chocolate
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 6 squares of graham crackers
- Your favorite ice cream
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Butter the ramekins.
- Graham crust: Mix sugar and graham crackers and melted butter in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix flour and confectioner sugar in the bowl. Dry ingredients first, then add the nutella and eggs last.
- Portion the chocolate cake mixture into the ramekins. You can add the graham crust at the bottom (but it end up underbaking in my batter, it would be better left off in the end and use it to top the cake once it’s baked).
- Bake it for 10-12 minutes (until you see the top becoming cooked, shiny – for me, until I start smelling the baked cake)
- Remove the ramekins from the oven. Let it rest & cool down for 2-5 minutes.
- With protected hands, flip over the ramekins into a plate (unless you just want to eat it from the ramekins).
- Top it with the Hershey’s chocolate and marshmallows. Feel free to torch (with caution) and add ice cream!
- Eat 🙂
Here’s the how-to-video on my Youtube channel: @withjustjea:
Thanks for reading/watching!