Te came down last weekend and I’m so happy to serve him up some good breakfast before he went to his training. I thought of this recipe randomly while I was in the shower and thought that it was a great idea… so I went for it!
Stuffed French Toast: Apples and Toffee Recipe
Chocolate Toffee Stuffing
- 1 package of cream cheese or neufchâtel cheese, room temperature
- 1, 8 oz. bag of Heath toffee bits (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
Directions: In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, toffee bits and chocolate chips. Cool in the refrigerator.
Stuffed French Toast with apple maple glaze
- Brioche bread slices
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream (if you have no whipping cream, use 1/2 cup of milk only)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 Granny smith apples, sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Preheat griddle or non stick skillet to 350 degrees (about medium high).
- In a small sauce pan heat maple syrup over low heat. Add the apples, cinnamon powder and mix to coat. Let sit over low heat until ready to eat.
- In a medium sized bowl beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Spread out slices of bread and top each slice with chocolate toffee stuffing (about a tablespoon of stuffing will do!). Sandwich bread together, to make 4 sandwiches.
- Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Place a tablespoon of butter into the griddle. After the butter has melted, place the soaked sandwich on the griddle, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, slice in half, and top with the apple maple glaze and granola to serve.
What a super easy and sweet treat to eat!