I was extremely thankful today due to the beautiful weather. It’s really beginning to feel like a Florida Fall, especially that Hurricane Matthew had made his way. Today, Leanna and I made this pumpkin spice cake recipe that would surely be a hit for a Fall get-together or maybe even good enough for Thanksgiving dinner!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1/3 cup of Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter (from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioner sugar
- 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk = 3 eggs total
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Your favorite ice cream – I choose vanilla bean
Ingredients for Apple Cinnamon Whiskey Compote
- 1 apple, diced
- a dash of cinnamon
- a dash of pumpkin spice
- 2-3 tablespoons of Fireball (Cinnamon Whiskey)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon (2 cubes) of butter
How to Make The Pumpkin Cake:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Butter the ramekins.
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl (except for the ICE CREAM!). Dry ingredients first, then add the pumpkin cookie butter and eggs last.
- Portion the batter into the ramekins.
- Bake the batter for 10-12 minutes (until you see the top becoming cooked, until I start smelling the baked cake). If it’s undercooked, then it’s a lava cake! If it’s fully done, then it’s a cake.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven. Let it rest & cool down for 3-5 minutes.
- With protected hands, flip over the ramekins into a plate (unless you just want to eat it from the ramekins).
How to Make the Drunken Cinnapple Compote
- On medium heat, melt the butter in a pot/pan.
- Add the diced apples, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and whiskey.
- Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
The baking went by relatively fast! Leanna and I even managed to squeeze a kayaking adventure in my backyard before eating this very fall-festive dessert 🙂
Here’s a How-To Youtube video for all of the audio-visual learners out there: